We all know that we need sitters for date-nights. But are there other times an extra set of hands could make your life easier? Take your to-do list, for example. Could an afternoon sitter play with the kids while you tackle house projects and errands? (Or better yet: Can you hire an organized person to do these for you?!) I know I could use some help rearranging my closet this time of year.
Here are a few reasons to hire extra help on the weekend or mid-week — or do some of these projects for you, so you can enjoy the nice weather with your family!
- Spend special one-on-one time with one of your children
- Meet friends for a catch-up lunch or dinner
- Start – and finish — a home project
- Get someone to mentor kids in a sport or activity they love
- Go to doctors’ appointments or visit someone in the hospital
- Schedule interruption-free workouts (before summer begins)
- Give grandparent-caregivers some time off
- Plan summer childcare and your summer vacation, uninterrupted
- Go grocery shopping (or any type of shopping) — alone
- Organize everyone’s closets for the new season
- Do the spring cleaning you never knew you had to do
- Redesign the playroom and remove old/unused toys while no one can see you!
- Prepare/host a dinner party while someone else plays and puts kids to bed
- Enjoy a well-earned spa day free from guilt, knowing your kids are having fun
- Give yourself a mid-day break, so you can come back revived and ready for anything the kids want to do
- Get the house cleaned by a housekeeper — so you can use that time to play with the kids!
- Enjoy a spontaneous lunch or dinner with your partner
- Take your older kids shopping for summer clothes
- Drive older kids to activities while you stay with a sleeping baby
- Treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure
- Meet with contractor/real estate agent, uninterrupted
- Get your vacation shopping or packing done in one day
- Attend a class and learn something new
- Start training for that half-marathon you’ve always been wanting to run!
- Enjoy outdoor theatre or see a movie – in an actual theatre!
What are some tasks that you need some extra help with this spring?