What’s cuter than a baby dressed as a burrito? A baby dressed as spaghetti and meatballs!
Every year I make really fun DIY costumes as part of a Care.com series. And this year might have been my favorite ever.
Here is a little behind-the-scenes information:
- We shot these in May. Mostly because I was a zillion months pregnant and wanted to get them done before I popped!
- The two big kids are mine. The baby is not. She was the 4-month-old daughter of a co-worker.
- The baby did not love being my assistant. She wanted her mom.
- Our baby would not look at the camera. So her mom used Baby Einstein on YouTube to get her attention.
- My daughter was supposed to be the Milk and Cookies costume, but got a little camera shy. So my son stepped in.
- Our Astronaut costume is our most watched DIY costume on YouTube.
- I predict the baby costumes and the Snowman costume will be our top performers this year.
- These actually are pretty easy to do. Be sure to follow our written instructions and our video demonstrations to get a good sense.
- You don’t need to be crafty to do these. And you don’t even need to know how to sew. Everything is done with glue.
Below are some of the (pretty) easy DIY costumes from this year. But you should also check out our YouTube page.
Tell us: What are your favorite DIY Halloween costume memories? Are you making costumes for your kids this year?